Tuesday, December 22, 2015

THE PERFECT CHRISTMAS GIFT

THE PERFECT CHRISTMAS GIFT

Please stop stressing about buying the most unique (or expensive) Christmas gifts you can locate or imagine.  Fact is, you already have them.  As you check out the following story by Joseph Rebecky, you will consciously embrace the spirit of gratitude and the wonderful fulfillment that is found in the most precious of gifts.

As a young child I remember running down the steps on Christmas morning and looking around the tree for the biggest box.  I always believed that within the biggest box lay the most expensive and best gift.  But as time worked its wonders on my mind and soul, I realized that each and every gift was special, unique and meaningful.

In fact, the presents that I remember most are the gifts that came directly from the heart, such as one of my mother’s handmade sweaters or scarves.  Actually, Christmas is not about the gifts themselves, but rather the expressions of love behind the gifts.

This Christmas I have already been blessed to receive the most beautiful and amazing presents in the world, the love of the special people in and around my life.  Deep down inside, I know the true meaning of Christmas is found in the word “giving.”  So, this Christmas, I pledged to search and search until I find the most incredible gifts for some phenomenal people.

I spent many days in crowded stores and scanned numerous holiday catalogs, but nothing seemed to stand out.  As Christmas approached, I wondered if I would ever find those “perfect” gifts so I decided to try the local mall one last time.  Perhaps I had missed an amazing store or some awesome merchandize that had just hit the racks and shelves.

But as I quietly passed from one store to the next, nothing managed to catch my eye.  Feeling somewhat defeated, I slowly made my way toward the mall exit.  But before I could reach the doors, I suddenly found my “perfect” gift.

No, this gift was not found in a fancy and expensive department store.  It will not be wrapped in colorful Christmas paper and adorned with bright ribbons and bows.  Actually, this gift doesn’t have a receipt and it cannot be returned or exchanged.  So where did I find this “perfect gift” – and more importantly, what is it?

I found it in the eyes of an elderly couple holding hands.  I heard it in the playful words between a grandfather and his grandson.  I glimpsed it in a proud new mother’s caress of her infant daughter.

Yes, my “perfect gift” is LOVE.  L-O-V-E!  So this Christmas, before anything else, I will offer the gift of LOVE.  And I believe with all my heart that its recipients will treasure and keep it always.

Well said, Joseph Rebecky, well said.  We shall also make a collective and conscientious effort to truly treasure our loved ones.  And all of us will be supremely grateful for the most precious gift: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)  Above all else, Christmas is all about JESUS CHRIST!  Indeed, HE is the reason for the season; and HE is our most perfect Christmas gift.  Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING.  Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment