Wednesday, September 19, 2018

LIFE PERSPECTIVE

LIFE PERSPECTIVE

Things are seldom as bad as they seem, and never as bad as they could be.  Consider this interesting letter, written by a college student to her parents.

Dear Mom and Dad,

It has been three months since I left for college.  I have been remiss in writing, and I am very sorry for my thoughtlessness in not having written before.  I will bring you up to date now.  But before you read on, please sit down.  You are not to read any further unless you are sitting down.  Okay?

Well then, I am getting along pretty well at this point.  The skull fracture and the concussion I got when I jumped out of the window of my dormitory when it caught fire shortly after my arrival are pretty well healed.  I only spent two weeks in the hospital, and now I can see almost normally and only get those sick headaches once or twice a day.

Fortunately, my dormitory fire and jump out the window were witnessed by an attendant at a nearby gas station.  He was the one who called the Fire Department and ambulance.  He also visited me at the hospital.  Since I had nowhere to live because of the burnt out dormitory, he was kind enough to invite me to share his apartment.  It’s really a basement room, but it’s kind of cute.  He is a very fine boy.  We have fallen deeply in love and are planning to get married.  We haven’t set the exact date yet, but it will definitely be before my pregnancy begins to show.

Yes, Mom and Dad, your only daughter is pregnant.  I know how much you were looking forward to being grandparents, and I know you will welcome the baby and give it the same love and devotion you gave to me as a child.

One more thing.  The reason for the delay in our wedding date is that Michael has some very large debts from three previous marriages that need to be worked off before we can afford to get married.

So now that I have brought you up to date, Mom and Dad, I want to tell you that 1) there was no dormitory fire, 2) I did not get a concussion or a skull fracture, 3) I was not in the hospital, 4) I am not pregnant, 5) I am not engaged, and 6) there is no man in my life.  HOWEVER, I am getting a “D” in History and an “F” in Chemistry, and I wanted you to see these poor marks in the PROPER PERSPECTIVE.

Your loving daughter,

Edna

Although this story seems over-the-top and perhaps somewhat humorous, there is an important lesson here.  My friend, stop stressing so much and believing so strongly that you are experiencing the worst of times – with no future prospects for tangible improvement and divine blessing.  Gain perspective, and don’t drink the ANXIETY KOOL-AID!  FEAR NOT!  F.E.A.R. is merely False Evidence Appearing Real.  Remember: God’s got your back.  So why not smile and enter into THE FAITH ZONE?

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment