Monday, July 29, 2013

UNITY IS A PRACTICAL CONFIRMATION OF THE WORD



More than ever before, I am preoccupied with the indispensable importance of unity in the Body of Christ.  Like nothing else, it becomes a very visible and tangible confirmation of the gospel.  The world is watching.  And if we embody effective witness, or words must be in alignment with our relationships, to the very best of our ability.  Otherwise, we not only lose credibility, but the saving truths of the gospel are diluted or obscured from those who need them most.

Take heed to the wise counsel of the Apostle Paul:

Ephesians 4:1-3
1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Consider this key excerpt from the high priestly prayer of Jesus Christ:

John 17:20-21
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Bottom-line: The Church of the Lord Jesus Christ must be a unity community.  Enough said. 

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment