Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A CREED FOR THOSE WHO SUFFER



Sometimes our prayers are answered in profoundly unexpected  and diametrically opposite ways, relative to our original thoughts and intentions. (Isaiah 55:8-9)  Therefore, it is of paramount importance that we tune attentive ears to The Holy Spirit in order to always ‘hear’ what HE is actually communicating to us.  Perhaps, some of our trials are not really trials after all.  Rather, they may be Heavenly seeds of divine purpose, artfully disguised as problems, pressure or pain.  Carefully consider the following prayer, attributed to an unknown Civil War soldier.

I asked God for strength, that I might achieve.
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health, that I might do great things.
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.
I asked for riches, that I might be happy.
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men.
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life.
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing I asked for – but everything I had hoped for –
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am, among men, most richly blessed!

Do not despair because you cannot always trace the hand of God.  Simply trust His heart.  He knows, He cares, and He has the power to transform both you and your circumstances. 

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. (Jeremiah 29:11, KJV)

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11, NIV)

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment