Monday, December 22, 2014

THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT THAT NAME! (Part I)

THERE’S SOMETHING ABOUT THAT NAME! (Part I)

Scattered throughout the biblical record, there are more than 700 names and titles that apply to our Lord and Savior.  However, there is no single name or title that is more sacred, more venerable, more grand, or more glorious than the name of JESUS!  I love one particular worship chorus that magnifies and exalts His name.  If you can, sing along with me:

Jesus...Jesus…Jesus…there is something about that name.  Master…Savior…Jesus…like the fragrance after the rain.  Jesus…Jesus…Jesus…let all Heaven and earth proclaim.  Kings and kingdoms will all pass away, but there’s something about that name!”

The very sound of that name, Jesus, is music in the ears of believers throughout the world and throughout all ages.  In our darkest hours, whenever we encounter danger, or even death, we are supremely confident that we can lean upon the power and authority that is resident in the name of Jesus.  When we pray, when we preach, when we testify, when we witness…we could leave out any other name…but there is something simply extraordinary and indispensable about the name of Jesus.  In the coming days, we will highlight key scriptural revelations concerning that Name-Above-All-Names.  But for today, I just feel like worshipping Him!

Allow me to joyfully share just a little about my CHRIST-CONNECTION. 

JESUS CHRIST is…

My Alpha…My Atonement…My Advocate…
My Beginning…My Bread…My Balm…My Bridegroom…
My Creator…My Counselor…My Covenant…My Captain…
My Daystar…My Defender…My Deliverer…
My Emmanuel…My Elder Brother…My Ebenezer…
My Faith…My Fountain…My Favor…My Friend…
My Gift…My Grace…My Gospel…My Glory…My God…
My High Priest…My Holy One…My Head…My Hope…
My Incarnate God…My Inheritance…My Immortal One…
My Joy…My Joint Heir…My Just One…My Judge…
My Kinsman Redeemer…My King of Kings…
My Lamb…My Logos…My Light…My Life…My Lord…
My Messenger…My Master…My Messiah…My Mediator…
My New Birth…My Name Above All Names…
My Omnipotent One…My Offering…My Omega…
My Prophet…My Priest…My Physician…My Passover…
My Quiet Time…Quickening Spirit…
My Redeemer…My Rock…My Righteousness…
My Savior…My Shepherd…My Strong Tower…
My True Vine…My Tried Stone…My Teacher…
My Understanding…My Upright Spirit…
My Valor…My Victory…
My Way…My Wisdom…My Word…
My ‘X-cellence’…
My Yoke…My Youth…
My Zeal…My Zenith…My Zion…
He is JESUS CHRIST, the only begotten Son of the Living God!

Stay tuned…more to come tomorrow!


Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING.  Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment