Monday, February 2, 2015

BE STEADFAST

BE STEADFAST

I’m looking out the window on our back yard deck this morning, and already there are six inches of snow, with a few more expected, to be followed by freezing rain and extreme icy conditions, to be followed by more snow this afternoon and evening.  The mere thought of it makes me feel like getting back under the covers and ‘hiding’ in the sweet repose of slumber and sleep.

But I have many things to accomplish on this snowy day.  So…I’m up and about…ready to attack my TO DO LIST.

The decision to get moving (or not) reminds me of the Apostle Paul’s challenge to the Church of Corinth:

I Corinthians 15:58 (NKJV)
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

As human beings (and that’s who we are regardless of our firm faith foundation), it is sometimes tempting to allow prevailing conditions and circumstances to short circuit our vision and our mission.

Nevertheless, TODAY we will rise above everything that threatens to hinder or harm our divine destiny.

WE WILL SIMPLY BE…who and what THE CREATOR has ordained, long before the foundation of the world.

My friends, no matter what, on this day we will make the decision to BE STEADFAST.  According to Dictionary.com, “steadfast” is an adjective which signifies being “fixed in direction” and “firm in purpose.”  Such an attitude causes us to be “unwavering” and “firmly established.”

That’s who we are…so we can do it.  We will do it.  Let’s get to it!  Let’s get it done! 

Be steadfast!


Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING.  Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment