Thursday, February 5, 2015

I'M PROUD OF MY SON'S TESTIMONY...MICHAEL CHRISTIAN BASS

I'M PROUD OF MY SON’S TESTIMONY: MICHAEL CHRISTIAN BASS!
One of the most difficult moments in my life was visiting my son, Mike, years ago when he was confined in the federal penitentiary located in Savannah, Georgia. But I am so proud of the man that he has become and how Our Father is reconfiguring his life story. Far beyond a cautionary tale, it is a true testimony of triumph. In Mike’s own words…
True story… About 13 years ago I was incarcerated. Long story short…I broke some laws and as a result I was sentenced to do time in prison. I’ve had some rough times in my life (like everyone else) but I must say that being locked up was one of the hardest times I have endured. Anyway, I had been locked up a few times before but I never spent a single night in jail…a few hours here and there, but never more than that. So, you can imagine that I really had no idea of what prison life was like. Yeah, I saw “Oz”...and because of that CRAZY show I was horrified at what I thought was surely to come.
My story begins after I had been in jail about a week. I was constantly on guard for the moment when that gang of pipe-toting rapists would walk up on me in the showers or catch me alone in the library, or some other Oz-inspired scene that played itself out in my head from the moment I walked in the prison. As a result of my OWN NEGATIVE THINKING I didn’t sleep much...and I was up all night going thru cigarettes like I was a chimney.
Well, one night when I couldn’t sleep, I thought I might as well go out on the patio (which was still behind a fence) where we could go to smoke ciggs during the night. It was quiet that night, nobody was on the patio but me...or so I thought. I remember I was wearing ear plugs because my celly snored so bad that you couldn't sleep without them.
So I’m out on the patio, got my cigg burning and I can’t hear a thing because of the ear plugs. Then, it happened. Not the assault or any other kind of drama... nothing but a voice singing. For those that love Fred Hammond’s music like I do, you will know this song. The voice I heard singing was singing this; “Lo, I am with you.” That’s it, that’s all...“Lo I am with you.”
Now, at first it freaked me out because I thought I was alone. Secondly, I could hear the song being played as if I was in the studio he recorded it in. Thirdly, I had on ear plugs! So I snatched out one plug and the song’s still playing...“Lo I am with you” and it’s getting louder, AND LOUDER! I'm looking around to see if I’m being tricked or something and when I saw no one I started to think I was CRAZY! The song was repeating over and over and I REALLY thought I was losing it until another inmate appeared. He saw me and immediately asked “Why are you crying? What happened?”
I had no idea tears were streaming down my face. I had no words for the inmate either…but the music stopped. I started back smoking and cleaning my face when the other inmate flicked his cigg and said “You’re new right?” I said yes and he replied “You’ll be alright bro...God’s ALWAYS with you,” and I exploded in tears again. But this time, they were tears of joy. I did not have a single problem the entire time I was incarcerated...NOT ONE!
The bible teaches us in Joshua 1:9…
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
And also in Deuteronomy 31:6…
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.
The moral of my story is wherever you are at right now, whatever your situation, big or small, good or bad, in a room full of people or all by your lonesome...our Father is with you. Look to Him for strength to endure. Look to Him for comfort in turbulent times. Look to Him for wisdom in your decision making. He’s ALWAYS been there...all you gotta do is open your heart and allow Him in.
Matthew 28:20
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, LO, I AM WITH YOU always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Keep on moving ahead, Mike! Our GOD has some phenomenal things in store, and He will use your personal testimony to transform the lives of so many. I am so grateful, and I love you, son, now and always.

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment