Tuesday, July 14, 2015

SHOWING UP FOR LIFE

SHOWING UP FOR LIFE

May I be transparent with you?  On this, my 48th anniversary in the Christian ministry, it occurs to me that I have not always done my best.  Although I have been committed to the faith, there are times that I have stumbled and fallen.  I have written much, but there are numerous untold stories and books that remain hidden and buried within.  I have befriended many, but there are times I simply failed to be there when others needed me most.

Undoubtedly, one could exhausting one’s self with an endless soliloquy of tasks not done, friendships not fulfilled, missions not accomplished, grace not deserved, etc., etc., etc.

However, I have learned one valuable lesson along the way.  Life is not always about any of the things that seem spectacular, nor about those visible acts that gain the accolades and applause of men.

Life is simply about showing up – every day – and allowing the Light of the World to shine through the stained prism of one's earthly existence and errors.  Thank God for grace.  Thank God for mercy.

Dear Lord, 
I earnestly promise to report for duty tomorrow (if it be your will), and I ask that you will continue to use me in spite of my flaws, faults, foibles and fiascoes.  In the mighty and matchless name of Jesus Christ I pray.  
Amen.

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING.  Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment