Tuesday, November 17, 2015

HONORING MY BELOVED WIFE

honoring my beloved wife

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BELINDA!  Today, I celebrate and honor my wonderful wife, Belinda McClendon Bass, as she commences her sixth decade of life.  Indeed, she is an extraordinary woman with a huge heart of love and kindness for all people. 

Thank you, Belinda, for your stellar character.  Unquestionably, Christlikeness is your daily aspiration.  You are a true worshipper, a consistent prayer warrior and a dedicated disciple, always in search of the heart of God.  I love how you love God.

Thank you, Belinda, for your immeasurable courage, exemplified by your openness and willingness to embrace brand new experiences and fresh possibilities.  I love how you love life.

Thank you, Belinda, for your genuine concern, care, compassion and commitment for our family.  You attend (sacrificially) to all of our needs with unbounded energy, enthusiasm and effectiveness.  You are a phenomenal wife, an exceptional mother and an awesome grandmother.  I love how you love us.

Thank you, Belinda, for the rarest of your gifts, the priceless treasure of unconditional love.  For me, your husband, you are the epitome of grace, that is, you embody the matchless gift of being and sharing much more than I ever deserve.  I love how you love me.

THE WORD describes you far better than I ever could…:

Proverbs 31:25-31
25 Strength and honor are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
26 She opens her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
27 She looks well to the ways of her household, and eats not the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.
29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but you excel them all.
30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

Happy 60th Birthday Belinda!  As cliché as it might sound, you are the wind beneath my wings.  May GOD richly endow you with long life, abundant health, absolute happiness, ever-present peace and overflowing joy as you serve His Kingdom.  Be highly favored, my dear and darling wife, and be continually blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment