Monday, March 5, 2018

SPIRIT OF TRUTH

SPIRIT OF TRUTH

First and foremost, the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth.  Consider Christ’s description of the Spirit’s operations within the Body of Christ and in the earth.

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceeds from the Father, he shall testify of me.

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:7-14
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you.

To Summarize:
The Holy Spirit is sent to us from the Father.
The Holy Spirit operates in place of Christ.
The Holy Spirit is the spiritual embodiment of Christ.
The Holy Spirit testifies of the mission and message of Christ.
The Holy Spirit teaches believing disciples.
The Holy Spirit comforts believing disciples.
The Holy Spirit corrects and changes a sinful world.
The Holy Spirit judges the iniquitous works of Satan.
The Holy Spirit guides us into all truth.
The Holy Spirit reveals the future.
The Holy Spirit communicates Rhema Words from Christ.
The Holy Spirit glorifies Christ.

Since the Holy Spirit embodies and communicates TRUTH, it is imperative for all of His recipients to recognize, revere, retain and represent truth.  It is important to note that truth always informs, inspires and liberates.  In the words of Jesus, “you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:32) Wherever there is deception, manipulation, half-truth, or falsehood, there is a fundamental failure to surrender to the Lordship of Christ and to submit to the operations of His Holy Spirit.  Truthfulness should be the operating principle that undergirds our casual associations, our intimate relationships, our business decisions, and even our church memberships.  

Just like LOVE, it is evident that TRUTH is the very essence, character and heart of GOD. (I John 4:8 – John 15:7) Jesus Christ affirms this via His personal pronouncement that “I am the way, the TRUTH, and the life.” (John 14:6) Let us walk in LOVE and live in TRUTH.

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING.  Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment