Thursday, June 20, 2019

GOD'S WORD FIRST

GOD’S WORD FIRST

Jesus Christ, “the Author and Finisher of our faith,” admonishes us to “seek first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness.” (Hebrews 12:2 and Matthew 6:33)  Our access into the Kingdom “highway” is revealed through the Word of God. (Isaiah 35:8)  Jesus, Himself, declares that “Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.” (Mark 13:31)  Therefore, the initial thought and activity of each day should be reading and meditating on The Word.  It goes without saying that prayer is an indispensable prerequisite to processing, interpreting, understanding and retaining Kingdom truth. (Luke 18:1)

The longest chapter in the Holy Bible is Psalm 119.  Its focus is the centrality of The Word in our covenant and communion with Christ.  I have reprinted selected verses below for your prayerful consideration.

Psalm 119 [Selected Verses]
10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.
11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
16 I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.
17 Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live, and keep thy word.
18 Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.
24 Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counselors.
33 Teach me, O Lord, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.
34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.
49 Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope.
59 I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto thy testimonies.
60 I made haste, and delayed not to keep thy commandments.
66 Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments.
72 The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.
89 Forever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven.
90 Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: thou hast established the earth, and it abideth.
97 O how love I thy law! It is my meditation all the day.
98 Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.
99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
101 I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word.
103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! Yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
111 Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage forever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart.
114 Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.
125 I am thy servant; give me understanding, that I may know thy testimonies.
127 Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold.
128 Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.
130 The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
133 Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.
137 Righteous art thou, O Lord, and upright are thy judgments.
140 Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.
143 Trouble and anguish have taken hold on me: yet thy commandments are my delights.
144 The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting: give me understanding, and I shall live.
156 Great are thy tender mercies, O Lord: quicken me according to thy judgments.
160 Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth forever.
164 Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments.
165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness. 

My friends, we should never major-on-minors; we will always major-on-majors…so FIRST THINGS FIRST!  GOD’S WORD equips and enables us to “walk by faith, not by sight.” (II Corinthians 5:7) So, instead of being deceived and misguided by sensory perceptions or popular perspectives, we will learn to completely rely on eternal truth.  At the dawning of every day, we will resolve to allow THE WORD OF GOD to be our pilot and compass to safely navigate the uncharted seas of unknown life events.

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment