Wednesday, July 17, 2019

SHARING CARING

SHARING CARING

If you are a bit downhearted today because of your life situation or experiences, it is vitally important to look outside of yourself.  In truth, compared to so many others, you are bountifully blessed.  So instead of being self-absorbed and feeling depressed, why not sow a moment of joy into some soul who really needs it, perhaps much more than you.  Bill Renda revealed an inspirational personal experience that I would like to share with you.  He entitled it, “Show Someone You Care.”

I was having lunch in a local restaurant, consumed with thoughts about how tough life seemed lately, and how sick and tired I was of the daily grind.  I own a landscape company, but never felt I had made a difference in people’s lives.

As I sat there feeling sorry for myself, a young woman (about 25 years old) walked in and sat down in a booth, apparently waiting for a friend.  It didn’t take long before I noticed her trying to hide from the gaze of other people, and my heart sank.  I could tell her hair was falling out and, at such a young age, she must have been receiving chemotherapy.

I watched secretly as she tried her best to remain composed, but she was having a tough time of it.  My heart ached for her, imagining how she might feel right at this moment going through that terrible experience, and yet I was intimately familiar with her pain.

You see, I buried my wife, the love of my life, just a few short years ago and had to watch helplessly as she slowly faded away.  So I desperately needed to get a message of hope to this struggling young lady.  But how?  What could I do? 

Then it hit me!  I called over her waitress and explained that I wanted to buy lunch for this young lady and her friend, but also insisted that it remain anonymous.  I handed the waitress a note to give to the girl when she would inform her that her tab was already paid.

My note read as follows: “Someone today thinks you are beautiful.  Someone today thinks your smile glows with excitement.  Someone today thinks your eyes light up the world.  Someone today cares and just wants you to know that you are special.  Enjoy the rest of your day, pretty young lady.” 

When the young woman asked for her check, I watched as she was told it had been paid for.  She asked why? Who?  What for?  The waitress simply handed her my note and informed her that the gentleman who paid wanted it to be an anonymous gift.

I watched as she slowly read the note.  Gradually, her eyes grew teary, and then I witnessed a marvelous transformation.  Her face glowed with a beautiful and hopeful smile!  It literally seemed to brighten the room.  She sat up straight, not caring who noticed her sick condition or missing hair.  Her friend also beamed, not for what had been done, but simply because her friend was feeling alive and beautiful again.

What is the measure of your life?  I can tell you definitively that it’s not about how you look, nor what you possess, neither how much money you can earn.  At the end of the day, none of these are very important.  Life is all about how much we care and what we do for others. 

So make a tangible difference today…in just one life.  It will totally transform that person’s perspective and, at the same time, it will fill your day with peace and joy.

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment