Wednesday, February 17, 2021

THE TROUBLE TREE

THE TROUBLE TREE

 Paresh, an Indian carpenter, was hired to restore an antique farmhouse.  He had just finished a very trying and difficult first day on the new project.  A flat tire on his truck caused him to be an hour late for work; his electric saw broke down during a critically important task; and his ancient pickup truck refused to start at the end of the workday.  During the drive home (courtesy of a co-worker), Paresh said not one word.  He just sat, shrouded in a pensive cloud of silence.

 Upon arriving home, Paresh invited the co-worker to meet his family, as was the custom of his people.  But as they walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands.  When opening the door to his home, Paresh had undergone an amazing transformation.  His tanned face was wreathed in smiles as he warmly hugged his two children and gave his wife a gentle kiss.

 After a cup of tea, Paresh walked his co-worker to the car.  They passed the tree where Paresh had stopped earlier, and his co-worker’s curiosity got the best of him.  He asked why he had paused there before.

 “Oh, that's my trouble tree,” Paresh responded quickly.  “I know I can’t help having troubles on the job, but one thing for sure, troubles don’t belong in our house with my wife and children.  So I just hang them on the tree every night when I come home.  Then in the morning I pick them up again.  Funny thing is,” Paresh smiled winningly, “when I come out in the morning to pick them up, there aren’t nearly as many as I remember hanging the night before.”

 Think about it.  Sometimes, all it takes is one night’s rest to gain fresh perspective.  For your information, I too have a “Trouble Tree.”  It’s called PRAYER.

 Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING.  Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment