Tuesday, April 6, 2021

DIVISION DESTROYS

DIVISION DESTROYS

 The epistles penned by the Apostle Paul contain numerous citations of God’s mandate that our relationships be always undergirded by love and peace.  Love lifts and liberates; division discomfits and destroys. 

 In the words of St. Paul…

 Galatians 5:14-15

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.  But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

 Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace, requires positive and productive Kingdom service.  Our Christ connection and global witness are authenticated in the presence of healthy and genuine relationships.  “By this,” Jesus insists, “shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if you have LOVE one to another.” (John 13:35)  Therefore, any attitude that portrays apathy, indifference, coldness, resentment, rejection, or unforgiveness is typically deployed as a satanic weapon, seeking to nullify our ability to serve God and win lost souls.  To enhance our understanding of these Kingdom principles, prayerfully consider the following story.

 A rabbit and a mouse learned (the hard way) that division can be a deadly phenomenon.

 The rabbit dug a hole under a tree.  He said “This is my house.  I shall live in it.”  And that rabbit happily began to live in his house.  One day the rabbit went to see his uncle.  He lived with his uncle for one week.  There he had lots of carrots to eat.  After one week, the rabbit returned to his house.

 Thereupon, the rabbit found a mouse living inside his house.  The rabbit shouted angrily at the mouse, “This is my house!  I made it!  Get out of my house at once!”

 The mouse quietly disagreed.  “No, this is my house.  It was empty, and now I live here.  Go away from my house.”  So the two began to fight.  Then the rabbit said, “Let us ask someone else if it is my house or yours.”

 “All right,” said the mouse.  They came to a river.  Near the river they saw a cat.  She sat resting at the river, and her eyes were closed.  “I think this is a good cat,” the rabbit said. “Let us ask her.”

 “Oh no,” the mouse said.  “I am terrified of her.  She will eat me up!”  The cat heard what they said.  She remarked in her soft voice, “Come my children, do not be afraid of me.  I am not like other cats.  I do not eat meat.  I eat only fruit.”  So the rabbit and mouse believed her and pressed their claims.

 The rabbit spoke first.  “Aunty, I dug a hole under a tree.  I lived in this hole for many days.  Then I went to see my uncle for a week.  When I came back, I found this mouse inside my house.  Please tell him to leave my house immediately.”

 “But it is my house,” the mouse interjected.  “The hole was empty, so I went in.  And now I live there, so the house is mine.”  The rabbit hopped up and down and shouted over and over, “NO…it is my house!”

 “Oh dear,” whispered the clever cat.  “I cannot hear what you are saying.  I am old, and my ears have gone bad.  Please come a little closer and tell me again.”

 The rabbit and the mouse thought the cat was good, so they approached ever closer to recite their dilemma again.  But as soon as they came near, that sleepy-looking cat quickly came to life and leaped on top of them.  She caught the rabbit with her teeth, and the mouse with her claws. Then she killed them both and had a delicious dinner!  Lesson learned.  Indeed, it’s biblical: “If you bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.” (Galatians 5:15) 

 GOD IS LOVE.  Therefore, LOVE, which is the only true path to peace, is not only our commandment, it is our highest legacy, our spiritual lifestyle, our source of strength, our place of safety and, in fact, it is OUR CREATOR.   Therefore, we are wisely admonished: “if it be possible, as much as lies in you, live peaceably with all men.” (Romans 12:18)

 Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING.  Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment