Monday, April 19, 2021

FREE TO ALL

FREE TO ALL

 During the 1900s, Dwight L. Moody was a highly successful businessman who gave it all up to pursue the ministry.  He became a well-known and profoundly influential evangelist.  One of my favorite Moody quotes is this: “All you have got to do is to prove that you are a sinner, and I will prove that you have got a Savior.”

 What is GRACE?  Grace is the unmerited and undeserved favor of God.  None of us deserve it, and no one could possibly earn it.  It’s simply God’s gift.  “For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.” (Ephesians 2:8)

 John Newton’s famous hymn, entitled “Amazing Grace,” describes it far more eloquently and succinctly than I:

 

1

Amazing grace! how sweet the sound,
  That saved a wretch; like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
  Was blind, but now I see.

2

’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
  And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
  The hour I first believed!

3

The Lord hath promised good to me,
  His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be
  As long as life endures.

4

Through many dangers, toils and snares,
  I have already come;
T’was grace that brought me safe thus far,
  And grace will lead me home.

5

When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
  Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
  Than when we first begun.

My friend, no matter where you are in this life, no matter what you have done, you are an eligible recipient of the grace of God, who loves us far more that we could possibly imagine.  Trust Him.

 Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment