Wednesday, April 20, 2022

SUSTAINING FAITH IN TRYING TIMES

SUSTAINING FAITH IN TRYING TIMES

 Tests, trials and temptations show up as potential tutors for all of us.  How we handle them reveals our character, flexibility, strength and capacity for spiritual growth.

 In “Run Today’s Race,” Oswald Chambers frames it this way: “Faith for my deliverance is not some theoretical faith in God.  Faith means, whether I am visibly delivered or not, I will stick to my belief that God is love.  There are some things only learned in a fiery furnace.”

 So tough times teach life lessons.  But even there we can totally depend on our God – who is present, caring and capable of addressing all hurts and needs.  Even when we find ourselves in less-than-ideal circumstances or conditions, Jehovah-Shammah is THERE as the powerful panacea for anything that challenges us.  His Word strengthens, sustains, soothes and satisfies.  According to David, “He sent His Word, and healed them [us], and delivered them [us], from their [our] destructions.” (Psalm 107:20)

 Trust God.  Rely on His promises, which hold absolute truth, which never fail.  “So shall my Word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” (Isaiah 55:11)

 My friend, you can (and you will) make it!

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING.  Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment