Friday, May 16, 2014

UNYIELDING HOPE

UNYIELDING HOPE

A friend approached me yesterday, shouting “I’M HOPPING MAD!”  He was outraged at the attitude and comments of a co-worker.  I paused to reflect for a moment, and then decided to challenge him.  I asked, “Why don’t you decide right now to refocus your feelings about this?  Never give another person that much power and control over your day.  Instead of being “HOPPING MAD,” why don’t you make up your mind to be “HOPING GLAD?  I’m talking about HOPE!”  Hearing this, he smiled faintly, and remarked, “That’s sounds pretty corny, brother, but I feel you on this.  I refuse to HOP through this day in anger.  Instead, I will HOPE for what’s better!”  At that point, a genuine smile surfaced and literally transformed his countenance.

A word of advice: Always choose HOPE!  Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. suggested, “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.”  More importantly, GOD declared, “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you…thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a FUTURE and a HOPE.” (Jeremiah 29:11)  Prayerfully meditate on these scriptures, and if needed, give yourself an attitude adjustment.

Psalm 119:49 (NKJV)
Remember the word to Your servant, upon which You have caused me to hope.

Psalm 130:5 (NKJV)
I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope.

Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

Romans 15:4 (NKJV)
For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.

Sisters and brothers, as we hold fast to the HOPE that resides in our covenant relationships with Christ, we will be continually blessed!  Amen?  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment