Thursday, November 13, 2014

GOD STILL WORKS MIRACLES

GOD STILL WORKS MIRACLES

I was inspired by the following teaching-testimony and thought it might be beneficial to share.

Have you ever been in a state where it seemed that God had gone mute to your prayers?  As a promising young businesswoman, I served God faithfully and was committed to doing his work early in life.  As I journeyed through my Christian life, many suitors came seeking for my hand in marriage, but none met my requirements for the kind of man I wanted.

After waiting a while, my husband-to-be showed up.  He was a very caring and lovely man.  We dated for a few months, he proposed and we got married.  It was a joyous moment for me, but little did I know that my happiness would be so fleeting.

My husband, who at first had been so faithful and God-fearing, became a hand-tool of the devil.  We waited two years for the Lord to bless us with children.  However, our situation only worsened when the doctor discovered I had a tumor and I might not be able to conceive.

Our lovely home soon fell apart.  My husband ended up sleeping around with strange women, got me infected with HIV/AIDS and forced me out of the house.

Those tragic moments embittered me against him.  “What am I going to do with my life and what am I living for?” was all I asked myself as I wet my pillows with tears every night.

Two weeks later, I visited the doctor for a checkup.  At the end of his investigation, I was diagnosed with blood cancer.  He advised me to go home and set my house in order, for I had only three months to live.

At that point, I knew that my end had come.  Like the prodigal son, I had to fall back to the Father for forgiveness.  I fasted and prayed for weeks, believing that God would somehow make things change.

But how can blood cancer, a tumor and HIV/AIDS disappear?  As I made up my mind to put my house in order, I heard a preacher on the radio.  He started by asking a question: “Whose report do you believe?  Who says you can’t fulfill your destiny?  If you have tried all prayer doors and none seems to work or open for you, WHY NOT TRY THE DOOR OF PRAISE?  God is found in praise, which gets Him committed into any situation.  When you pray, God assigns angels to answer.  But when you praise, God Himself steps in.  God is not through with you yet!”

When I heard those powerful words, my heart melted and I knew immediately that God was truly committed to restoring my lost glory.  Instead of giving up, I immediately declared seven days of dancing and praising God.  On the final night, a spirit of praise and worship swept through me.  I praised God as never before: I danced, shouted and praised Him.  It was a night of restoration and completion that I shall never forget.

After such joyous dancing, the peace I had been longing for saturated me like the cool morning dew.  While still in my mood of celebration, like a dream, a man walked into my room and greeted me:

“Peace be unto you, oh woman of praise!  Your day of celebration has finally come!”

“Who are you?  And how did you get here?” I asked with my lips trembling.

With a smile on his face he said, “I am he that has been sent to present your packaged blessings.  I came to answer your prayer requests, but was held back by evil spirits in your house.”

“Spirits?  Did you say spirits?” I asked while looking around to see if I could see any myself.

“Yes!  Evil spirits.” he responded.  “They are the spirits of bondage, unforgiveness and unbelief.  The unforgiving spirt you have long held against your husband is now after you.  The unbelieving spirit came at the point when you focused solely on your illnesses, and limited God’s healing ability over you.  They both tried to stop me, BUT when you praised and danced in the presence of God, He had to fulfill His Word.

Congratulations!  Every year you counted a waste has now been restored.  Those who viewed you as a source of mockery shall return to celebrate you.  Today, you had been made whole.”  It was right then and there that I knew my deliverance had started.  It was a night to remember.

Two days later, I went back to the doctor that had declared me a walking corpse.  And after running several tests on me, he could not find any trace of blood cancer, tumors or HIV/AIDS.  PRAISE GOD!  The mystery of praise turned my life around for good.  Soon afterwards, the doctor his co-workers gave their lives to Christ because they had never seen such a miracle.  “What a mystery!” was their constant refrain as they celebrated with me.  God is indeed faithful.

Moral Lessons:
-Never give up on yourself when God had not said so.
-The thickness of the night will never prevent the sun from rising and your spirit from shining.
-If you have tried other doors, never forget to try praise for God is committed to fulfilling every promise concerning you.

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING.  Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment