Wednesday, November 26, 2014

WHY I AM THANKFUL

WHY I AM THANKFUL

It’s Thanksgiving Day in the USA!
It goes without saying that, for believers, each and every day provides new opportunities to maximize the gratitude attitude.  Nevertheless, it is a good thing that a national holiday is set aside to show appreciation to our God, family and friends.  Please pardon the numerous “I’s” as I reference the reasons for having a heart that is filled with appreciation:

I am a believer in Christ, with all rights and responsibilities thereto pertaining.
I have a phenomenal family.
I have an awesome and loving wife that Heaven ordered for me.
I have bright, talented and caring children.
I have twelve wonderful grandchildren and two adorable great-grandchildren.
I have a few truly special friends.
I am not hospitalized.
I am not homeless.
I am a cancer survivor.
I don’t look like what I’ve been through.
I have pleasant memories from each stage of life.
I have clear thinking faculties.
I enjoy life, with frequent smiles and laughter.
I have more than enough food.
I have traveled extensively and grown in the process.
I have been actively engaged in ministry for 47 years.
I am a Kingdom-minded servant of God.
I served with my wife as resident missionaries in South Africa.
I live with minimum stress and sleep well at night.
I rise each morning with enthusiasm, eager to explore and expand my journey.
I am free – politically, intellectually, emotionally, morally and spiritually.
I love, and I am loved.
I forgive, and I am forgiven.
I often sense the presence and power of God.

I could go on and on, but I’ll stop right here.  Would you kindly share one reason why YOU are THANKFUL?


Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING.  Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment