Monday, September 26, 2016

DO YOU HAVE THE TIME?

DO YOU HAVE THE TIME?

GOD will somehow get our attention, one way or another.  The following story by an unknown author clearly illustrates this truth. 

The Master called out my name one day because He needed someone to go forth and be a witness.  I replied, “Lord, whenever I get some spare time, I will definitely help you look for someone else.  Between school, spending time with my husband, working from 9 to 5 and trying to coordinate a program for my community to help our children do better, I just don’t have any available time.  I know I can’t go right now because I have entirely too much to do.”

He said, “Well, where shall I find such a person?  I thought I saw your name on my list of available people.” 

“Well Lord,” I responded, “that was the prayer I prayed last year; since then things have changed.”

He said, “Like what?”

“Well I’m working on my Ph.D., and I’m needed by so many people, and my husband always wants something done, and on top of that my community EXPECTS me to help them, so…”

“Well, seeing you’re that busy so I’ll let you go, but we will talk again, when YOU have some time.”

I went on for days, weeks and months, busier than ever.  One evening, while studying for my comprehensive exams, I received a call from the hospital concerning my husband.  He had been in a terrible accident and was in critical condition.  I dropped everything and ran to the hospital where I found him hanging on for dear life.  I immediately begin to pray.  “Lord, don't take him now, I can’t bear it.”  But my prayers just echoed off the wall and returned to my ears.  The next morning, I left the hospital, tired and weary, and walked into the door of my classroom just in time to take oral exams.  As the professor began asking questions, I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing at all came out.

In my mind, I begin praying – HARD – but my prayer merely echoed again.  And I found myself terribly upset at God since He was nowhere to be found.  I could not explain to my professor; she was completely puzzled.  After leaving my exams, I called my job because I was so distraught at everything that was going on.  I explained things to my supervisor, and she insisted that I take some time off.  After visiting my husband in the hospital that evening, I went home and fell into a deeply depressed state, crying and in total despair.  Just then, I was sure that I heard someone calling my name.

“LORD…is that YOU?”

“Well, yes it is.  Do YOU have some time?   I wanted to see if we could just talk…”

Instead of waiting to hear what He had to say, I lashed out in total anger and resentment.  “How is it that when I needed YOU today, You just couldn’t be found?  And last night, I cried and cried, but all I heard were echoes from the walls.  My husband is dying; I’m flunking out of school; I may lose my job; and You just casually stop by NOW and say You want to talk?”

The Lord interrupted my foolish speaking.  “My child, when you cried out, I was very busy – looking for someone to go and tell others about My Word.  By the time I answered, you had moved on to something else.  So, I decided to let your husband rest a while, and to keep you home for a few days.  That way, MAYBE you would get in touch with ME…if YOU had some time.  You see, before your husband, your school, or your job ever needed you, I NEEDED YOU.  And since all these things take you away from ME, I had to almost take them away from YOU, in order to get a moment of your time.”

I calmed down immediately, and began to weep.  Just then, I remembered last year’s prayers of wanting to go and do some work for the Lord.  Then He said softly, “I just stopped by to check in and see if you know of ANYONE I could send to be a witness for Me and tell others of My love.  Anyone at all come to mind?” 

With tears in my eyes and feeling so unworthy I said “Lord, send me…I’ll go.”

ALMIGHTY GOD should never have to ask us if we have TIME.  When Jesus died on the cross, He put aside everything to ensure us eternal life.  We should always be more than grateful to render service unto the Lord, to tell ANYONE and EVERYONE about Jesus.  Please do not allow your “personal things” (whatever they may be) to tie you up so much that GOD becomes an annual appointment in your planner!  He has more than enough time for us.  The very least we can do is reserve quality time for him.  HE should be ‘Entry Number One’ on our life agenda!

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING.  Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment