Wednesday, September 28, 2016

WAITING ON THE LORD?

WAITING ON THE LORD?

Sometimes, we tend to answer our own prayers, instead of allowing time and opportunity for the real answers that come only from above.  Oftentimes, in order to gratify our selfish desires or to immediately fulfil our ‘can’t wait’ agendas (that we have ‘allegedly’ laid before God’s throne of grace), we foolishly delude ourselves into thinking that GOD is speaking, when it is only a conversation we are having with ourselves.

Here’s a related story and a bit of humor to brighten your day:

After starting a new diet, I altered my drive to work to avoid passing my favorite bakery.  I accidentally drove by the bakery this very morning and as I approached, there in the display window resided a host of scrumptious goodies.  I seemed to hear them calling my name.  And I felt sure that this was no accident, so I quickly offered the following prayer: “Lord, it’s all up to You.  If you want me to have any of those delicious delicacies, create a parking place for me directly in front of the bakery.”  And sure enough, on the eighth time around the block, there it was!  God is s-o-o-o-o good!

The next time you pray and get an answer, consider the preceding story.  Is it GOD…or is it YOU?

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING.  Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment