Thursday, January 5, 2017

6.5 DECADES AND STILL COUNTING...

6.5 DECADES AND STILL COUNTING…

Do any of you recall wishing that you were older during those early childhood years?  As the years pass and as time seems to accelerate its pace, perhaps we all experience a change of mind on that particular matter.  Happily however, I am blessed beyond measure to report that Almighty God has allowed me to celebrate my 65th birthday.   How swiftly the years pass by…seemingly in the twinkling of an eye!

As I reflect on my life experiences, I am thrilled beyond measure for the boundless grace, mercy, goodness and love of my Creator.  ALMIGHTY GOD has been mighty good to me!  His benefits and blessings are far too numerous to recount, but I shall attempt to list just a few:

I am grateful for the bountiful blessing of two extraordinary parents, Bishop Joseph Edison Bass, Sr. and Mrs. Mary Velma Watts Bass.  They so freely and so consistently shared their faith, their love and their life-wisdom with me, my family and our entire community.

I am grateful beyond measure for my beloved wife, life companion and ministry partner, Belinda McClendon Bass, who daily cares for me, freely shares and unselfishly nurtures every moment and every component of my life.  Belinda is a truly wonderful wife, a loving soulmate, a trusted confidante, a meticulous homemaker, an absolute joy and my very dearest friend.

I am grateful for the love of three phenomenally gifted children, Wayne Manning Bass, II (Madge), Michael Christian Bass (Dionne) and Kimberly Marcelle Bass.  They have ‘been there’ to share the days and events of our lives.  And they, along with our two children-in-love, Niki Dieece Nash and Whitney Marie McClendon (daughters of Belinda) have given me the absolute pleasure of being grandfather to 13 and great-grandfather to 2 adorable children.

I am grateful for my spiritual and emotional connections with nine outstanding siblings, of which I am the youngest: Joseph Edison Bass, Jr., Wilma Jean Bass-Keys, Izetta Elizabeth Bass, John Richard Bass, Lloyd Dwight Bass, William Curtis Bass, Ruth Ann Bass, Edwin Clarence Bass and Doris Patricia Bass-Wade.  Indeed, they are all extraordinary people and dedicated servants of God.

I am grateful that 2017 marks my 50th year in the Christian ministry.  And, I am eternally grateful that the Lord has allowed me to serve His Kingdom.

I am grateful for my extended spiritual family, numbering thousands of dedicated disciples of Jesus Christ, representing a myriad of nations across the globe.  I am grateful for the readership of my daily devotional, individuals and ministries presently enrolled within 73 nations and on 5 continents.  I think of you and pray for you often.  You have unquestionably enriched my life, edified my faith and expanded my ministry.  Thank you.

I am grateful for life-long friends from my hometown of Monessen, Pennsylvania.  The memories that we forged in earlier and later years will forever be a precious possession and portion of my life legacy.  And I am grateful for fellow alumni of Yale University and the Interdenominational Theological Center.  You will always be a significant part of me.

I am grateful for the members of Evangel Temple and LoveStream Temple, special people who have significantly touched and transformed my years of pastoral ministry.  It is my prayer and fondest hope that I have imparted to you a sincere love for God and a lasting awareness of His Word and Kingdom.

I am grateful for numerous ministry mentors and ministry colleagues who have personally touched my life: Bishop Joseph E. Bass, Sr., Mother Mary V. Bass, Bishop Joseph E. Bass, Jr., Pastor J. Richard Bass, Supt. William C. Bass, Bishop Edwin C. Bass, Evangelist Doris P. Bass-Wade, Bishop Hester D. Bordeaux, Mother Sharon Y. Bordeaux, Bishop Jonathan Greer, Bishop Willis Paden, Sr., Bishop H. Jenkins Bell, Bishop Willie L. Porter, Bishop Cleveland W. Williams, Supt. Clarence L. Sexton, Jr., Pastor David J. Byars, Elder Kenneth Byars, Supt. Maurice B. Wade, Sr., Bishop J. O. Patterson, Sr., Bishop Philip A. Brooks, Bishop Frank O. White, Bishop James Gaylord, Supt. John R. Madry, Sr., Pastor Larry G. Britton, Dr. George E. Perry, Bishop Oliver J. Haney, Dr. Bennie E. Goodwin, II, Bishop David M. Copeland, Dr. Claudette Copeland, Bishop David A. Hall, Dr. Ron Eagleton, Bishop John I. Little, Supt. Herbert Russell, Dr. Herdleen Russell, Pastor Carlton L. Crudup, Pastor Jerry Littlejohn, Bishop Robert E. Smith, Bishop Kenneth Washington, Sr., Bishop Ivory Holden, Supt. Kevin Ginyard, Evangelist Patricia Ginyard, Supt. Douglas Howard, Bishop George Adebanjo, Mother Ponzetta Howard, Pastor James Pullings, Pastor Jerome H. Lewis, Dr. Edna P. Foster-Lewis, Supt. Jay Gooding, Pastor Allen Pulliam, Missionary Carolyn Hedgpeth, Dr. Arthur Mosley, Bishop Willie G. Robinson, Pastor Hubert Powell, Pastor Thomas J. Bordeaux, Supt. Stephen R. Vaughan, Supt. Samuel Levey, Pastor Calvin Hayden, Pastor Larry Pinkard, Pastor Sarah Lewis, Elder Lonnie Lewis, Evangelist Priscilla H. Allen, Elder Charles Mitchell, Elder Rich Moore,  Elder Ulysses Fordham, Dr. Ardell Tucker, Pastor Robert L. Smith, IV, Bishop Lonnell Lawson, Pastor Marcus Robinson, Elder Elisha Boyd, Bishop Joseph Norfleet, Supt. Barry Fraser, Pastor Gloria G. Fraser, Supt. H. Douglas McMahon, Sr., Elder Willie Templeton, Bishop Rufus Kyles, Bishop J. C. White, Pastor Michon White-Bernard, Supt. William Best, Pastor Ulish Booker, Jr., Pastor Ranford Lilly, Bishop Colon Haywood, Sr., Elder James Council, Bishop Oscar Clark, Evangelist Martin Deshaye Johnson, Bishop Isiah L. Qualls, Pastor Anthony Matroos, Pastor Joseph Mosala, Pastor Priscilla Ntombizodwa Nkomo, Apostle P. Amukowa, Bishop Daniel Wade, Pastor Josiah Motloung, Pastor Jack Tebogo Tsoai, Pastor Thabiso Motsepe, Pastor David Boikhutso, Pastor Jay-Jay Ngwenya, Pastor Paul Basi Phetlhe, Pastor Cheryl Jones, Bishop Vincent Mathews, Apostle D. M. Makha, Bishop Champion Malongwa and a veritable host of Kingdom Ambassadors whose names are too numerous to be recorded here. 

I am grateful for a comfortable, peaceful and love home, for adequate clothing, for daily bread, and for all that Heaven provides for me, both now and in the future.  I am grateful for my life, for health, for soundness of mind, for the joy and strength of the Lord and for a steadfast faith in God’s Word.

Finally, I am eternally grateful that Almighty God has connected me to YOU.

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING.  Maranatha!

In the Service of Christ and His Kingdom,

Pastor Wayne M. Bass

No comments:

Post a Comment