Monday, January 9, 2017

YOU HAVE A REASON, RIGHT AND RESPONSIBILITY TO BE THANKFUL

YOU HAVE A REASON, RIGHT AND RESPONSIBILITY TO BE THANKFUL

The Word of our Lord repeatedly admonishes us to “give thanks to the Lord, for His mercy endures forever.” (I Chronicles 16:34 – Psalm 106:1) For believers, every day provides a brand-new opportunity to embrace and maximize the GRATITUDE ATTITUDE.  Please pardon the numerous “I’s” as I reference personal reasons for maintaining a heart that is filled with appreciation for life, liberty and love under the lordship of Jesus Christ.

I AM FOREVER THANKFUL BECAUSE…

I have been endowed with the blessings of a child of God.
I have been given a phenomenal family.
I have an awesome wife that Heaven ordered just for me.
I have bright, talented and caring children.
I have 13 adorable grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren.
I have truly special and dependable friends.
I am healthy and not hospitalized.
I am a cancer survivor.
I don’t look like what I’ve been through.
I have pleasant memories from each stage of life.
I have clear thinking faculties.
I enjoy life, with frequent smiles and laughter.
I have a home and more than enough clothing and food.
I have traveled extensively and grown personally in the process.
I have been actively engaged in ministry for 50 years.
I am a Kingdom-minded servant of God.
I served with my wife as a resident missionary in South Africa.
I live with minimal stress and I sleep well at night.
I awaken each morning, eager to explore my journey.
I am free: politically, intellectually, emotionally and spiritually.
I love, and I am loved.
I forgive, and I am forgiven.
I sense the presence, providence and power of God.

I could go on and on, but I’ll stop here.

“In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” (I Thessalonians 5:18)

Please share at least one reason why YOU are THANKFUL.

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING.  Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment