Sunday, July 12, 2020

EPIC

EPIC

A while back, I heard a word inwardly (not audibly), that resonated deep within my spirit.  The word that captivated and stirred me so is “EPIC.”  It means “impressively great” and it is synonymous with “monumental, gargantuan, spectacular, colossal and awesome.”  (Dictionary.com – Thesaurus.com) 

 As I considered the context of this word in my own life experiences, my mind immediately traveled to our favorite venue for cruise vacations, Norwegian Cruise Lines.  My wife and I love taking holidays on NCL’s ocean-going vessels [Note: However, not during the Covid-19 pandemic] because they are affordable and all-inclusive of lodging, meals and various forms of entertainment.  But here is what I find most fascinating about the word that engaged my spirit.  Just a few years ago, NCL launched “EPIC,” their flagship vessel, featuring 20 restaurants, an incredible array of entertainment options and a 4,100-passenger capacity. 

 We were not in the process of planning a family vacation, so I pondered the reason why this word, this name, “EPIC,” had stirred me so profoundly.  As usual, our GOD always seems to be up to something behind the scenes.  “Exactly what is it?” I quietly wondered.  Then it came to me in a flash.  I am convinced that GOD is now making some EPIC plans.  That is, HE is pulling together some truly gargantuan, colossal, monumental and awesome opportunities for you and me to completely fulfill our mission, our purpose and our destiny within the magnificent Kingdom of God!

 It may seem like a small matter to some, but this simple realization literally caused me to take a few dance steps around my office desk, especially as the Holy Spirit recalled one of my favorite scriptures! “For I [GOD] know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11, NIV)

 In light of God’s ‘secret preparations’ and His public promises, there is only one question worth asking: “ARE YOU IN?”

 Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET YOUR SOON COMING KING.  Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment