Monday, January 17, 2022

SNEAKY SIN

SNEAKY SIN

 Gary Richmond, a former zoo keeper, related the following factual story about raccoons.  “These innocent looking animals experience major glandular changes at about 24 months.  Frequently, this causes them to attack their owners.  Since a 30-pound raccoon is physically equal to a 100-pound dog, I felt compelled to mention this coming crucial change to a young friend of mine who had taken a racoon home as a pet.  She listened politely as I explained the imminent danger.  I’ll never forget her answer.  “It will be different for me.”  She smiled as she added, “Bandit would never hurt me.  He just wouldn’t!”  Three months later Julie underwent plastic surgery for facial lacerations sustained when her adult raccoon attacked her for no apparent reason.  Bandit was soon released into the wild.

 My friend, there is an important related truth about sin.  It frequently arrives at the door of our lives dressed in adorable guise.  And as we naively play around with it, how easy it is to say, “It will be different for me.”  However, it never is, and the results are quite predictable.  Sin is sneaky; beware.

 Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment