Monday, November 14, 2022

FAITH FOR HEALING (Part I)


FAITH FOR HEALING (Part I)

During my post-surgical recovery, I have not posted devotionals – actually since the first week in October.  Happily, I am now able to resume this ministry assignment and to provide you with daily doses of information and inspiration.  Presently, I will focus on the subject of divine healing, which has occupied my thoughts and prayers in recent weeks.

First of all, I firmly believe that healing is a promised provision in our covenant relationship with God.  Does this mean that true believers will be healed of any and all diseases, in every instance?  Both observation and experience inform us that the most likely response to that question is “no.” 

However, divine purpose is sown in every human condition.  In “Run Today’s Race,” Oswald Chambers (one of my ‘spiritual heroes’) penned these apropos words: “Faith for my deliverance means that, whether I am visibly delivered or not, I will stick to my belief that God is love.  There are some things only learned in the fiery furnace.”  Wow!

While I do not subscribe to the idea that sickness results from our sovereign God, I am confident that HE uses every life situation to draw us closer and increase our faith.  So if you are now challenged physically (or otherwise), you must and shall trust in the knowledge, the love, and the power of God.  He KNOWS all about your condition; and, He LOVES you enough to meet you at the point of your need; and, He has the POWER to fully deliver or faithfully sustain you, today and tomorrow.

During this devotional series, I’ll highlight God’s Word regarding healing and our faith for healing.  These verses provide spiritual encouragement and faith focus.  You’ve heard what others have said (and even what you’ve said to yourself); now hear what GOD says:

He sent His word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions. (Psalm 107:20)

He was wounded for our transgressions; he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. (Isaiah 53:5)

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes you were healed. (I Peter 2:24)

I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord. (Psalm 118:17)

God has spoken, so let the church say “Amen!”  Stay tuned…more to come tomorrow.

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment