Tuesday, March 7, 2023

LOOK AHEAD


LOOK AHEAD

Former President Harry S. Truman penned these insightful words about those who are fixated on the past: “People who live in the past remind me of a toy…a small wooden bird called the Floogie Bird.  Around that bird’s neck is a label reading, “I fly backwards.  I don’t care where I’m going.  I just want to see where I’ve been.” 

My friend, you’re not a hummingbird; you’re a child of God.  So don’t go flying into, getting trapped in, (or paralyzed by) your past.  The Holy Writ records an important admonition to all who are victimized by the backward look.  “Forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press...” (Philippians 3:13-14)

You know why it’s called the past?  Because it has passed…period!  Look forward and move on.

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment