Monday, March 3, 2014

I AM THAT I AM

I AM THAT I AM

When Jehovah (Yahweh) revealed Himself to Moses, dispatching him to liberate the Israelites from four centuries of Egyptian bondage, Moses had an intriguing conversation with God.

Exodus 3:13-14
13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?
14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

The ancient Israelites had such high regard and reverence for the name of God that they refused to pronounce it when reading the sacred scriptures, substituting for it the name “Adonai.”

Under the New Covenant, the dispensation of grace and truth, Jesus Christ becomes the manifestation of Jehovah, “the fullness of the Godhead bodily.” (Colossians 2:9)  The gospel writer, John, correctly identifies Jesus as the great I AM.  In the anointed words of Jesus, The Christ…:

-           I AM the Bread of Life. (John 6:35)
-           I AM the Light of the World. (John 8:12)
-           I AM the Door. (John 10:9)
-           I AM the Good Shepherd. (John 10:11)
-           I AM the Resurrection and the Life. (John 11:25)
-           I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life. (John 14:6)
-           I AM the True Vine. (John 15:1,5)
-           I AM…I AM. (John 4:26; 8:58; 18:5,6,8)


In other words, JESUS CHRIST is ALL we will ever need, “for in Him we live, and move, and have our being.” (Acts 17:28)  Indeed, HE is the great I AM.  Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment