Monday, August 18, 2014

HOW TO WALK THROUGH YOUR OPEN DOOR - Part II

HOW TO WALK THROUGH YOUR OPEN DOOR - Part II

Yesterday we learned that there is a definite cost for opportunity.  Fact is, any door that GOD opens inevitably means the revelation of new and powerful adversaries.  Why?  In the Old Testament, we learn that if God really ‘likes’ you (so to speak), he tells the devil about you, e.g. the story of Job.  “Hast thou considered my servant Job?” (Job 1:8)  And in connection with your own life situation, it sometimes seems as if God is bragging on your outstanding character, ability and spiritual maturity.   It’s almost as if GOD is saying ‘I’m incredibly proud of YOU…and I just want Satan to know who’s on MY team!’

So whenever your dream door opens, you discover the presence of giants in the land.  I find it fascinating that while God paints the image of your dream in your spirit, He always seems to delete the giants.  Why?  Because giants have never ever been a problem for God!  Sisters and brothers, it’s time to flip your mental script!  Giants are deployed to build you, not to destroy.  The divine purpose of giants is to activate and focus our faith.  Trouble has a way of doing exactly that.  It drives us knee-ward and jump-starts our hunger and thirst for God’s Word.  Then, via humble supplication and divine direction, we rediscover our confidence – as God orders our steps.  Think about it.  If we had advance knowledge of the giants, we might be intimidated and paralyzed by whatever lies ahead.  But “we walk by faith, not by sight.” (II Corinthians 5:7)  I love the fact that our footsteps are sovereignly managed by God, not by our sensory insights or imaginations. (Psalm 37:23 and II Corinthians 10:4-5)

Allow me to point out FOUR ADVERSARIES that you must confront and conquer in order to walk through your open door.  The first enemy is what I call SITUATIONAL DOUBT.  Although we have walked with God and are reasonably acquainted with His power and providence, it’s funny how we sink so quickly into a quagmire of doubt when we encounter situations that seem new and unfamiliar.  To be transparent, this happened in my own life (over and over again) until I received powerful dual revelations.  First of all, there is “no new thing under the sun.” (Ecclesiastes 1:9)  Secondly, Satan only has three tricks up his demonic sleeve.  I John 2:16 says “For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.”  I vividly recall the day that this revelation of divine truth compelled me to raise my voice and (via a purposeful act of faith) to change and charge the atmospherics in and around my life.  Here is what I shouted aloud to my enemy: “I KNOW something satan…your power is terribly limited, and as I overcome in these three areas. I overcome every weapon in your arsenal!  I AM AN OVERCOMER!”  

That revelation and declaration transformed my thinking and my life – forever!

Here is another biblical insight to focus your faith. “If GOD be for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31)  I often frame this Word revelation in a very practical way.  I literally talk to myself, rehearsing how GOD has faithfully intervened in my prior life experiences.  My reasoning goes something like this: ‘If GOD delivered me out of THAT, He will surely deliver me out of THIS!  The Old Testament identifies Him as the GOD who “changes not!” (Malachi 3:6)  The New Testament proclaims Him as “JESUS CHRIST, THE SAME, YESTERDAY, AND TODAY, AND FOREVER!” (Hebrews 13:8)  It is satanic deception that causes believers to DOUBT (even for one second) that ALMIGHTY GOD who has so obviously been “our HELP in ages past” (or years past), will somehow cease to be “our HOPE for years to come!”  [Reference Martin Luther’s hymn: “A Mighty Fortress Is Our God].

One sure way to walk through the open door that GOD has set before us is to fix our eyes steadfastly on JESUS CHRIST (Hebrews 12:2) and to MAGNIFY HIM and what He has already done! (Psalm 34:3)


Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING.  Maranatha!  Stay tuned…more to come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment