Tuesday, March 31, 2015

THE WORD IS GOD'S WILL.............. GOD'S WILL IS THE WORD

THE WORD IS GOD’S WILL – GOD’S WILL IS THE WORD

In the words of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, “If you abide in My word [hold fast to My teachings and live in accordance with them], you are truly My disciples.” (John 8:31, The Amplified Bible)  These words of our Lord are somewhat troubling to our generation.  How so?  Simple acts of obedience can be extremely challenging in the context of a society where it is commonly believed that the best way is a personally chosen path. 

Our democratic perspective of the world leads us to adopt a belief system that says ‘We have the right to vote’ on how we should live, what attitudes we should embrace and what actions we should enact.

Unfortunately for us, that is not at all how GOD sees it.  “There is a way that SEEMS RIGHT to a man, but its end is the way of death.” (Proverbs 14:12)

Ultimately, you and I will be judged by GOD, not on the basis of our natural inclinations or opinions, but on how well we honor, proclaim and abide by His Word.  In the end, nothing else matters.  Absolutely nothing.

If you are looking to discover or discern the will of God, it is found in one place only, i.e. in His Word.  His Word is His will, and His will is His Word.

In Psalm 119, the longest chapter of the Bible, King David penned powerful and poignant meditations on the excellency of God’s Word: (New King James Version)

01Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord!

11 Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.

16 I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word.

21 You rebuke the proud—the cursed, who stray from Your commandments.

30 I have chosen the way of truth; Your judgments I have laid before me.

33 Teach me, O Lord, the way of Your statutes, and I shall keep it to the end.

34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law; indeed, I shall observe it with my whole heart.

37 Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things, and revive me in Your way

59 I thought about my ways, and turned my feet to Your testimonies.

68 You are good, and do good; teach me Your statutes.

72 The law of Your mouth is better to me than thousands of coins of gold and silver.

73 Your hands have made me and fashioned me; give me understanding, that I may learn Your commandments.

89 Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven.

93 I will never forget Your precepts, for by them You have given me life.

97 Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day.

99 I have more understanding than all my teachers, for Your testimonies are my meditation.

104 Through Your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way.

105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

130 The entrance of Your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.

160 The entirety of Your word is truth, and every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever.

165 Great peace have those who love Your law, and nothing causes them to stumble.

Honor God’s Word.  Believe it.  Obey it.  It is the only thing that will make the transition into eternity.  If we accept and adopt it (fully and freely), we will also make a safe and secure transit into the eternal presence and joy of our King.

“Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”
(Jesus Christ: Matthew 24:35 – Mark 13:31 – Luke 21:33)


Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment