Thursday, August 13, 2015

THE INEXHAUSTIBLE CHRIST

THE INEXHAUSTIBLE CHRIST

There are those days, aren’t there, my friend?  I mean there are times when we feel emotionally drained, physically exhausted and spiritually depleted; times when we would rather pull the covers back over our heads instead of facing the tasks and challenges of another day.  Do you feel me on this one?

For me, today is loaded with personal responsibilities.  And quite honestly, I don’t really feel like writing, working, or handling any of it.  But when I prayed early this morning, the Holy Spirit reminded me that (although I am tired) HE is INEXHAUSTIBLE.  As THE ALMIGHTY GOD, He never sleeps; He is never tired: He is never inattentive to the least of my needs.  The Psalmist, David, was right on target.  He nailed it!

Psalm 121 (KJV)
1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

For all the days and dilemmas of our lives, THE ANOINTED ONE operates as the “ALPHA and OMEGA.” (Revelation 1:8)  That scriptural title is synonymous with “THE FIRST AND THE LAST” (Revelation 1:17) and “THE BEGINNING AND THE ENDING.” (Revelation 1:8)  These names/titles of our Lord are highly significant, not so much for what they say, but for what they imply.  ALPHA is the first letter of the Greek alphabet; OMEGA is the last.  The spiritual applications are obvious.  Jesus Christ is EVERYTHING to us, from A to Z.  As the Apostle Paul so aptly put it, “CHRIST IS ALL, and in all.” (Colossians 3:11)  In the words of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28)  Hallelujah, what a Savior! 

So whatever we are facing today, “HE IS ABLE to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us!” (Ephesians 3:20)

We may be tired.  HE ISN’T!  Indeed, HE is inexhaustible, and He’s got our backs – from here to there – from A to Z.  So get up, my friend, and get to it!  “Arise, shine, for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.” (Isaiah 60:1)  TRUST HIM!  LEAN ON HIM!  And never forget: “His strength is made perfect in (our) weakness.” (II Corinthians 12:9)

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment