Thursday, November 18, 2021

MARANATHA!

MARANATHA!

 The word “maranatha” is a Syriac expression which means, “our Lord comes.”  It was often used as a greeting in the early church.  When believers gathered together or departed, instead of saying “hello” or “goodbye,” they shared an encouraging message of hope, “Maranatha!”  They lived in constant expectation that Christ would return as promised: “In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.” (John 14:2-3)

 If we would consistently maintain that same upward look and expectant mindset, it would completely revolutionize our church and evangelize this world.  

 One of my favorite old covenant scriptures records the fact that the children of Issachar were sufficiently wise  to have a keen “understanding of the times,” i.e. they walked in clear awareness of the season in which they were living. (I Chronicles 12:32)  My friends, it is my heartfelt prayer that our generation would walk in the center of God’s will and actualize that same degree of wisdom and discernment.  Why?  Because  the signs of the end of the age are everywhere.  There is no doubt.  Christ will soon return.  Soon…

 Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment