Thursday, December 16, 2021

THE HOLY CHILD

THE HOLY CHILD

 This is a Christmas poem composed in the 1500s by the Protestant Reformer, Martin Luther, entitled “The Holy Child.”

 Ah, dearest Jesus, holy Child,

Make thee a bed, soft, undefiled,
Within my heart, that it may be
A quiet chamber kept for Thee.
My heart for very joy doth leap,
My lips no more can silence keep,
I too must sing with joyful tongue,
That sweetest ancient cradle song,
Glory to God in highest heaven,
Who unto man His Son hath given
While angels sing with pious mirth.
A glad new year to all the earth.

 Always remember: The Son of God became a man to enable men to become the sons of God.  My Jesus, what a wonderful Savior, Redeemer and Deliverer you are!

 Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment