Friday, February 18, 2022

YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW EVERYTHING

YOU DON’T HAVE TO KNOW EVERYTHING

 Bishop T. D. Jakes made a memorable remark at MegaFest, a Christian conference that Belinda and I attended years ago in Atlanta.  He said, “If you are always the smartest person in the room, perhaps you’re in the wrong room.”  Life experiences have taught me that sometimes it’s best to remain quiet and allow others to speak, with the simple realization that you don’t know (and don’t have to know) everything.

 I read a related story in General Douglas MacArthur’s “Reminiscences.”  It took place during his college years of military training at West Point.  He wrote: “We were studying the time-space relationship which was later formulated by Albert Einstein as his Theory of Relativity.  The text was complex and, being unable to comprehend it, I committed the entire page to memory.  When I was called upon, I solemnly reeled off almost word for word what the book said.  Our instructor looked at me somewhat quizzically and asked, ‘Do you understand this theory?’  It was a bad moment for me, but I did not hesitate in replying, ‘No, sir.’  You could have heard a pin drop.  I braced myself and waited.  And then came the unexpected words of my professor: ‘Neither do I, Mr. MacArthur.  Class dismissed.’  Indeed it was a teachable moment.”

 Only God knows all.  Just know what you know, and be inwardly content that you know it.  The affirmation of the crowd should only be thought of as unreliable and unnecessary.

 Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment