Tuesday, April 25, 2023

LISTEN!


LISTEN!

It has been said that God granted us two ears and one mouth, which simply means we should listen twice as much as we speak.  I read the following insight by someone who seemed to be having a tough time breaking through the so-called communication barrier.  She wrote, “I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”  Think about it.  Active listening is foundational and mission critical to mutual respect.

Hearing others clearly and completely is so vitally important in relationships that I call it “The Ministry of Listening.”  Margaret Miller wrote, “Most conversations are simply monologues delivered in the presence of a detached witness.”  BEING THERE…emotionally present and fully attentive…shows that you care.

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment