Tuesday, April 11, 2023

PROTECTING YOUR CHARACTER


PROTECTING YOUR CHARACTER

According to Wayne Dyer, “Your reputation is in the hands of others.  You can’t control that.  The only thing you can control is your character.”  Indeed.  Reputation is who others think you are.  Character is who God knows you are. 

After the American Civil War, managers of the infamous Louisiana Lottery approached General Robert E. Lee to ask if they could use his name in their financial scheme.  They promised that he would soon be rich. 

Astounded at their request, Lee straightened up, buttoned his gray coat, and shouted, “Gentlemen, I lost my home in the war.  I lost my fortune in the war.  I lost everything except my name.  My name is not for sale, and if you fellows don’t get out of here, I’ll break this crutch over year heads!”  Wow!

My friend, in every situation, your character is worth defending.

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment