Tuesday, June 6, 2023

SORT, SIFT, FOCUS!


SORT, SIFT, FOCUS!

A personal daily mantra I’ve adopted over the years is, “Sort, Sift, Focus!”  Sort through the tasks; sift out the excess; focus on the target assignment.  It’s the recognition that there are one-hundred-and-one things that I can do with my daily allotment of time, but far fewer things (perhaps only one thing) that I should do.  This perspective must be visualized through a Kingdom lens to grasp the Kingdom mentality.  It is my conviction that the Creator has deposited unique and productive gifts within each of us.  This is the divine signature of our Sovereign Craftsman.  To wit, Heaven’s intent was never for us to become ‘jacks-or-jills’ of all trades, but to identify and master our particular life purpose.  Whenever we slow and still ourselves, we are more apt to discern The Master Architect’s plan.

Henry Ford wrote, “A weakness of all human beings is trying to do too many things at once.  That scatters effort and destroys direction.  It makes for haste, and haste makes waste.  So we do things all the wrong ways possible before we come to the right one.  Then we think it is the best way because it works, and it was the only way left that we could see.  Every now and then I wake up in the morning headed toward that finality, with a dozen things I want to do.  And I know I can’t do them all at once.” When asked what he would do about that, Ford replied, “I go out and trot around the house.  While I’m running off the excess energy that wants to do too much, my mind clears and I see what can and should be done.”

Prayer, scripture and meditation are reliable components of the “Sort, Sift, Focus” process.  They enable us to follow our Creator’s wise mandate: “Be still…and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10)  In truth, any barriers or errors we encounter are actually restraints or reminders of our pressing need to do so.  Sort, Sift, Focus!  Sort through the tasks; sift out the excess; focus on the target assignment. 

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment