Monday, August 26, 2013

PRAY AND LET GOD HANDLE IT! (Pt. I)



The Apostle Paul wisely instructed the believers at Philippi “not [to] fret or have anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.” (Philippians 4:6, The Amplified Bible)  Worry is actually a destabilizing force that was designed in hell in order to terrorize and paralyze the people of God.  JESUS CHRIST admonishes us to nullify anxiety and fear by safely trusting in the sovereignty of God.  “Fear not, little flock,” he counsels us, “for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.”  (Luke 12:32)  Later in Christ’s public ministry, “he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint.” (Luke 18:1)

Worry is a tragic waste of time and energy.  Furthermore, it displaces our faith and nullifies our confidence, thereby cancelling our opportunities.  I love the wisdom in the Book of Hebrews: “Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward.  For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.  For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.  Now the just shall live by faith...” (Hebrews 10:35-38) Our Word-based prayers are strategic focal points for our continuing confidence and unwavering faith in Almighty God.  PRAY…and also encourage other faith-filled believers to pray for you and your life-situations.

Dr. David Jeremiah relates the following incident.  “While serving at a small field hospital in Africa, I traveled every two weeks by bicycle through the jungle to a nearby city for supplies.  This required camping overnight halfway.  On one of these trips, I saw two men fighting in the city.  One was seriously hurt so I treated him and witnessed to him about the Lord Jesus Christ.  I then returned home without incident.  Upon arriving in that same city several weeks later, I was approached by the man I had treated earlier.  He told me he had known that I carried money and medicine.  He said, ‘Some friends and I followed you into the jungle, knowing you would camp overnight.  We waited for you to go to sleep and planned to kill you and take your money and drugs.  Just as we were about to move into your campsite, we saw that you were surrounded by 26 armed guards.’  I laughed at this and said, ‘I was certainly all alone out in the jungle campsite.’  The young man pressed the point, ‘No sir, I was not the only one to see the guards.  My five friends also saw them, and we all counted them.  It was because of those guards that we were afraid and left you alone.’  At this point of my church presentation in Michigan, one of the men in the church stood up and interrupted me.  He asked, ‘Can you tell me the exact date when this happened?’  I thought for a while and recalled the date.  The man in the congregation then gave his side of the story.  He stated, ‘On that night when you were in Africa, it was daytime here.  I was preparing to play golf.  As I put my bags in the car, I felt the Lord leading me to pray for you.  In fact, His urging was so great that I called the men of our church together to pray for you.  Will all those men who met to pray that day please stand?’  The men who had met to pray stood up...and there were 26 of them!”  WOW!

Isn’t it wonderfully assuring to know that the providence of God is all-present and all-encompassing?  Even when we are unaware of our deepest needs and we, therefore, “know not what we should pray for as we ought…The Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.” (Romans 8:26)  We serve an AWESOME GOD!

Sisters and brothers, have you prayed (faithfully and fervently) about your most recent challenge?  Or, are you stressing and obsessing over your situation and your apparent inability to handle it?  Always remember this: GOD CAN…and GOD WILL!  Be continually blessed, and stay tuned…more to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment