Monday, June 30, 2014

EL SIMCHATH GILI

EL SIMCHATH GILI

Every day, I awaken with the comforting awareness that GOD is El Simchath Gili, “my exceeding joy.”  In the poetic lyrics of the Psalmist David, I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise…my God.” (Psalm 43:4)

It is my delight, indeed my privilege and my pleasure, to begin and end every day, every month, every year, every decade of my life, with the intimate knowledge that my JOY ultimately resides in CHRIST JESUS.

Remember this?  Joy is not the equivalency of happiness, which is both situational and transitive.  JOY is the assurance that Christ is at the center of my circumstances.

Why should you walk through each and every day with JOY?  Because, according to The Holy Writ, “with joy you shall draw water from the wells of salvation.” (Isaiah 12:3)  Therefore, even in tempestuous and troubled times, we shall never ever surrender to doubt or despair.  Rather, we will “COUNT IT ALL JOY” and allow our absolute faith in our good, gracious and great GOD to carry us through. (James 1:2)

Sisters and brothers, the written will of our Lord and Savior is simply this: “That My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.” (John 15:11)  Erase the frown.  Eradicate the worry.  Make a JOY DECISION – and be continually blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment