Monday, November 11, 2019

HAVE YOU PRAYED ABOUT IT?

HAVE YOU PRAYED ABOUT IT?

Before you allow yourself to stress, worry, fret, or complain, please ask yourself one simple question: Have you prayed about your situation…in a sincere, transparent, honest and faith-FULL manner?

Might I state the obvious truth?  Prayer changes people.  Prayer changes things.  And more things are resolved positively through faithful prayer than this world can possibly conceive.

So many times we confide, i.e. we place confidence in others to no avail.  At all costs, we must avoid placing total trust in fellow humans who occupy the same ship and state as we.  In the words of the Apostle Paul, “we…worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus…and have no confidence in the flesh.” (Philippians 3:3)

Nevertheless, there is a miraculous lifting of our physical, spiritual and emotional burdens whenever we “come boldly to the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” (Hebrews 4:16)

My friend, don’t pray and worry.

The Apostle Peter describes our ideal faith position, which is always fortified and actualized through the vehicle of prayer.  His prescription is as timeless and basic as it is effective: “Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.” (I Peter 5:7)

So today and tomorrow we will trust in HIM.

Belinda and I love to sing one of Brooklyn Tabernacle’s popular praise choruses during our family devotional time.  It goes something like this:  “I will trust in You, my God, my Provider.  I will trust in You, my Hope and my Friend.  You give me peace…you give me joy…for this I know…I will trust in You.”

YOU GIVE ME PEACE…YOU GIVE ME JOY…FOR THIS I KNOW…I WILL TRUST IN YOU!

In the words of Solomon, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5-6, NKJV)  Our parents had hung a plaque (verse 5) on our dining room wall as a constant reminder of our need to consult “the Author and Finisher of our faith.” (Hebrews 12:2)

Our God is faithful.  Our God is awesome.  Only believe.  My life verse breathes assurance at every turn in the road: “Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.” (Philippians 1:6)

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment