Monday, May 9, 2022

OUR STRUGGLE TO LISTEN AND HEAR (Part II)

OUR STRUGGLE TO LISTEN AND HEAR (Part II)

 Wow!  I must confess that the following story caused me to start some self-examination and adjustment of my own listening habits. 

 In Pastor Charles Swindoll’s book, “Stress Fractures,” he confesses a tendency to embrace too many commitments in too short a time frame.  He admits to getting quite nervous and tense.  “I was snapping at my wife and our children, choking down my food at mealtimes, and feeling irritated at those unexpected interruptions through the day.  Before long, things around our home started reflecting the pattern of my hurry-up style.  It was becoming unbearable.”

 “I distinctly remember after supper one evening, the words of our younger daughter, Colleen.  She wanted to tell me something important that had happened to her at school that day.  She began hurriedly, ‘Daddy, I wanna tell you somethin’ and I’ll tell you really fast.’ ”

 “Suddenly realizing her frustration, I answered, 'Honey, you can tell me -- and you don’t have to tell me really fast.  Say it slowly.’ “And I'll never forget her answer: ‘Then listen slowly.’ “ 

 Lesson learned.  It’s important to take time (quality time) to really listen and hear the heart of others.

 Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment