Thursday, June 23, 2022

THE COMMON DENOMINATOR OF ENCOURAGEMENT

THE COMMON DENOMINATOR OF ENCOURAGEMENT

 We humans yearn for occasional recognition of our accomplishments and for uplifting words of encouragement from significant others.  However, few have expressed this intrinsic need as clearly and concisely as the little boy who called out to his father: “Let’s play darts this afternoon.  I’ll throw, and you’ll say Wonderful!”

 My friend, why not be an encourager?  After all, it’s a mutually fulfilling enterprise.  Actually you reap far more benefit from sowing encouraging seeds than random recipients of the same.  Because edifying words do travel along with us – through our tough times and tears.  William Arthur Ward describes their impact this way: “Flatter me, and I may not believe you.  Criticize me, and I may not like you.  Ignore me, and I may not forgive you.  Encourage me, and I will never forget you.” 

 Try it; I guarantee you’ll like it.

 Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment