Sunday, June 19, 2022

THE FATHERHOOD OF GOD

THE FATHERHOOD OF GOD

 In “Holy Sweat,” Tim Hansel relates an experience as a natural father that reflects our relationships with the Heavenly Father.  Read and prayerfully ponder.

 “One day, while my son Zac and I were in the country climbing around in some cliffs, I heard a voice from above me yell, ‘Hey Dad! Catch me!’  I turned around to see Zac joyfully jumping off a rock straight at me.  He jumped first and then yelled ‘Hey Dad!’  So I became an instant circus act, catching him.  We both fell to the ground.  For a moment after I caught him I could hardly talk.  When I found my voice I gasped in exasperation: ‘Zac! Can you give me one good reason why you did that?’  He responded with remarkable calmness: ‘Sure...because you're my Dad!’  

 His calm assurance was based solely on the fact that his father was trustworthy.  He was confident that he could live life to the fullest because I could be trusted.  Isn't that even more true for those of us who are sons and daughters of Almighty God?”

 Because our God is such a loving and dependable Father, we may rest and stand on His promises – trusting in His Word without any hesitation or fear of failure – both in time and eternity.  May I wish a Happy Father’s Day to all who seek to emulate His faithfulness, provision, dependability and love!

 Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment