Tuesday, September 20, 2022

LET'S HEAR IT FOR DEDICATED TEACHERS!


LET’S HEAR IT FOR DEDICATED TEACHERS!

There are a myriad of professional venues in which the art of teaching is front and center.  From the pulpit preacher to the classroom teacher, from the corporate trainer to the life coach, etcetera, etcetera.  In every case, those who teach with dedication and skill serve to imbue a uniquely contagious brand of intellectual insight and goal-oriented discipline. 

Therefore, I doff my hat to those extraordinary people who seriously answer Heaven’s summons to share their heart and head with others.  I especially applaud career school teachers, like my own sister, Doris Patricia Bass Wade, who generously, rigorously, often thanklessly, share time, talent and treasure with thousands of students, many of whose lives are literally transformed or saved.

In my own life experience, it seems appropriate to cite two noteworthy academic teachers.  At Monessen High School, Judy Paglia inspired and strengthened my lifelong love for writing.  At Yale University, Toby Symington voluntarily spent hours developing and refining my skill set.  Just like my sister, Doris, these two were motivational and exceptional pedagogues.  In the words of William A. Ward, "The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.”

My friend, whatever knowledge that God has endowed in your life, be sure to share it generously and consistently with others.  I positively guarantee that over time you will receive far more than you were privileged to give.

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment