Wednesday, March 23, 2022

FILTERING MY WORDS THROUGH HIS

FILTERING MY WORDS THROUGH HIS

I have Old and New Testament life-verses, both of which focus my spiritual journey.  Today I’ll cite the first of these, Psalm 19:14.  It’s a heartfelt petition to our Savior: “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.”  David’s sincere prayer serves as a reliable spiritual compass along life’s journey.

 Psalm 19:14 also calls to mind the creative admonishments of Frank Outlaw:

Watch your thoughts; they become words.                                                                                      

Watch your words; they become actions.                                                                                        

Watch your actions; they become habits.                                                                                        

Watch your habits; they become character.                                                                                    

Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

 My friend, it’s a bountiful blessing when you allow the mind of the Master to be the master of your mind.  Why?  Because God’s Word is immutable; it never changes and never fails.

 Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment