Monday, March 21, 2022

THE SUFFICIENCY OF GOD'S GRACE

THE SUFFICIENCY OF GOD’S GRACE

 The British writer and lay theologian, C. S. Lewis, penned these memorable words: “He who has God and many other things has no more than he who has God alone.”  Amen, Brother Lewis, Amen!

 A beloved praise chorus echoes the faith-filled Lewis perspective: “Jehovah-Jireh, my Provider – You are more than enough for me.  Jehovah-Rapha, You’re my Healer – by Your stripes, I’ve been set free.  Jehovah-Shammah, You are with me – to supply all my need.  You are more than enough, more than enough, more than enough for me.”

 My friend, no matter what you are presently experiencing, meditate prayerfully on God’s response to Paul’s repeated prayers for an undisclosed situation that he described as a thorn in the flesh: “My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” (II Corinthians 12:9)

 Whether it seems apparent at this moment, or not, Christ is all.  His presence and power are far more than sufficient for any circumstances that confront you and me.  Therefore, we will “let the peace of God rule in our hearts…and be thankful.” (Colossians 3:15)

 Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment