Friday, August 12, 2022

A CURE FOR WORRY?


A CURE FOR WORRY?

 David Mackenzie presents a creative strategy for minimizing worry in “Still Married, Still Sober.”  In Mackenzie’s words, “To act on the principle of turning matters over to God, I took a paper bag, wrote “GOD” on it, and taped it on the back of our kitchen door.  As I prayed about matters such as my career, my role as a father, my ability to be a good husband, etc., I would write down each concern on a piece of paper.  Then those pieces of paper would go into the bag.  Here is the rule I set for limiting my personal anxiety.  If I started worrying about a matter of prayer that had been turned over to God, I would have to fish it out of the bag.”  Try it.

 It has been well said that the beginning of anxiety is the end of faith, and the beginning of true faith is the end of anxiety.

 Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment