Wednesday, January 18, 2023

OUR MINISTRY OF LISTENING


OUR MINISTRY OF LISTENING

Writer Charles Swindoll found himself with too many commitments in too few days.  He got really nervous and tense about it.  “I was snapping at my wife and our children, choking down my food at mealtimes, and feeling irritated at unexpected interruptions throughout the day,” he recalled in his book entitled “Stress Fractures.”  He continued, “Before long, things around our home started reflecting the rhythm of my hurry-up style. It was becoming unbearable.”

“I distinctly remember the words of our younger daughter, Colleen, after dinner one evening,.  She wanted to tell me something important that had happened to her at school that day.  She began hurriedly, ‘Daddy, I wanna tell you somethin' and I’ll tell you really fast.’

“Suddenly realizing her frustration, I answered, ‘Honey, you can tell me -- and you don’t have to tell me really fast.  Say it slowly.  And I’ll never forget her answer: ‘Then listen slowly, she said.”

My friend, take time (quality and unhurried time) to attend to the needs of others.

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment