Tuesday, January 31, 2023

WHO'S IN CONTROL?


WHO’S IN CONTROL?

Today, I read the following insightful and inspirational article written by Paul Michael Vacca; and I just want to share it with you.

“Life can be a roller coaster. There are ups, downs, curves, and all sorts of twists and turns that you cannot anticipate or control. However, the roller coaster is still headed to its designed and designated end. We like having a sense of control over our lives, but control is really just an illusion. All it takes is one bad doctor report, a rebellious child, a car wreck, a pandemic, an error at work, or a downturn in the job market to reveal how little control we really have over our lives.

The point where our control ends is the place where we find peace and assurance in the faithfulness of God. While life might at times seem like a roller coaster, God is purposefully bringing us to His desired end. And His faithfulness will see us through – always. What we truly need is a very strong conviction in the faithfulness of our God, the One who is actually in control.

When I learn to give up my illusion of control and truly trust God, I find that I can relax and enjoy the ride much more. I do not mean that all my troubles somehow fade away, but I have an abiding confidence that God is bringing the ride of my life to His desired end. Are you holding on to the safety bar of life with clinched fists, terrorized by your own lack of control? Or will you let go and embrace the truth that God uses all the ups and downs in life to bring you to His desired end?”

Our gratitude is extended to Mr. Vacca for this practical wisdom.  My friend, prayerfully ponder.

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment