Tuesday, January 10, 2023

PREPARE FOR CHRIST'S RETURN (Part II)


PREPARE FOR CHRIST’S RETURN (Part II)

It’s never my intention to instill fear into anyone, but I must be perfectly candid concerning our future circumstances because one’s readiness to meet and be judged by Christ is actually a matter of eternal life or eternal death. (Matthew 25:41)

In Warren Wiersbe’s book, “Meet Yourself in the Psalms,” he recalls a frontier town where a horse bolted and ran away with a wagon carrying a little boy.  Seeing the child in danger, a compassionate young man risked his life to catch the horse and stop the wagon.  The child who had been saved grew up to become a lawless man, and one day he stood before a judge to be sentenced for a very serious crime.  The prisoner immediately recognized the judge as the man who had saved his life years before.  So he pleaded for mercy on the basis of that earlier life-saving experience.  But chilling words from the bench completely silenced his plea: “Young man, then I was your savior; today I am your judge, and I must sentence you to be hanged.”

One day Jesus Christ will come again.  And His verdict for rebellious sinners who refuse his sacrificial atonement will be something like this: ‘During your long day of grace, I was your Savior, and I would have forgiven you.  But today I am your Judge.  Depart from me into everlasting fire!’  Oh my!

My friend, where will you spend eternity?  It’s something to seriously and prayerfully consider. 

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment